FSC® Chain of Custody Certification
Introduction of the Program
FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) is an international certification system, that assures customers that all FSC certified paper, pulp, wood or any other forest products carrying the FSC label is in accordance with world’s most responsible, environmental, social and economic sourcing sustainable standard.
FSC certification is a market-based, non-regulatory forest conservation tool designed to recognize and promote environmentally-responsible forestry and sustainability of forest resources through the verification and product labeling.
Whether you are a primary manufacturer, secondary manufacturer, broker, distributor or retailer, FSC CoC certification gives you access to the growing global market for responsibly sourced wood and paper products, FSC certification verifies use of input materials from FSC-certified forests, recycled and controlled sources.
GICIA India Pvt Ltd. is an affiliate of Scientific Certification Systems Inc. (SCS Global Services) and has been providing third-party environmental and sustainability certification in South Asia, South East Asia & Middle East for nearly a decade now. We have already established our offices in Sri Lanka, Dubai & all cardinal regions in India itself. FSC certification services are delivered to our clients in association with SCS Global Services.
Type of FSC Certification offered
FSC Chain of Custody operations range from simple to very complex. There are distinct CoC standards addressing companies with multiple facilities, the outsourcing of production, verification of “Controlled Wood”, and recycled content. We offer the following certifications:
We also offer dual certification of FSC with PEFC Chain of Custody Certification to reduce overall time and expense.
- Application: Upon receipt of the application, one unique proposal will be prepared for your approval. Receiving the signed Proposal will start the process of FSC certification.
- On-Site Audit: The onsite audit will be conducted in accordance with the requirement of FSC. Our Audit Team will visit all sites where FSC certified Material will be handled after finalizing the audit date and sites with you.
- Report and Certification Decision: Auditor will prepare a detailed report after reviewing all the records, and a certification committee will make a decision. If any corrective action is required, our team will coordinate with you to address them.
- Certificate Issuance: Your FSC Certificate will be issued along with the information you require as a FSC Certificate holder.
- Certificate Maintenance: FSC Certificate is valid for 5-year span subjected to Annual Audits and other requirements of FSC.
- Product Labelling: Certified companies can use FSC Trademarks to promote their product and organizational commitment toward environmental, social and economic sustainability. Use of FSC Trademark provides the greatest visibility and recognition of your achievement.
- Stronger Reputation and Brand Image: Your name on the publicly available FSC database gives you global visibility and recognition on an International platform.
- Global Recognition in competitive Market: FSC Certification provides you an advantage in the International Market by giving you a competitive edge by differentiating your products.
- Commitment to responsible business practices: FSC certification is an indicator for progress with the Sustainable Development Goal on Life on Land, but it can also contribute to targets that address poverty, hunger, gender equality, water, energy, decent work, sustainable production and consumption, energy, climate change, and building partnerships.
- Quality Assurance: FSC Chain of Custody Certification assures that your organization is maintaining a quality process within the organization, it is backed by a step by step verification, identification and segregation process from entry to exit. Not only it ensures the traceability of the final product, it also focuses on the health and safety measurements taken for employees, which at the end improves the overall quality of the organization.
More information about Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) can be found at https://info.fsc.org/
Guidance document on the use of FSC Trademarks can be found here-
Shovans Das, Program Manager
Contact No. +91-7290068700
Certification Standards and Program Documents