Scientific Assessment and Resource Mapping of Timber resources
GICIA India Pvt. Ltd. has expertise in conducting detailed inventory analysis of timber resource and its associated industry in Forest as well as non-Forest areas.
The outcomes of such study includes detailed information on the following parameters:
- Timber resource in Non-Forest/ Forest areas
- Identification of the key
- Distribution of the species
- Estimation of the volume
- Potential harvest
- Survey of timber-based Industries and assessment of Trade.
- Survey in all potential areas
- Survey in different sizes of sector based industries
- Survey included registered and un-registered units, mostly the micro, small and medium and local industry category.
- Analysis of existing and draft regulation including – management and Business policies
- Such study also analyse the constraints associated with industry and corresponding policy support related to investment and promotion of the trade.
Literature review, field surveys and data collection, collation and analysis, in chronologically arranged work packages can be designed and done for such study.
Project Name –
|Assignment Name: Resource Assessment for Bamboo and Agarwood in Non-Forest areas of Assam|
|Duration of Assignment(months): 1 year|
|Name of Client(s): Assam Forest Department|
|References: Kuleswar Singha, Assam State Forest Department|