LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENT
GIPL has advanced into Life Cycle assessment service and is well prepared to assess the products and services from cradle to grave and help the clients to rise in ladder of sustainability.
Life Cycle Assessment is an environmental accounting and management approach that considers all the aspects of resource use and environmental releases associated with an industrial system from cradle to grave. Specifically, it is a holistic view of environmental interactions that covers a range of activities, from the extraction of raw materials from the Earth and the production and distribution of energy, through the use, and reuse, and final disposal of a product.
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and its application in Environment Product Declaration (EPD)
LCA gives the opportunity to make environmentally conscious decisions by identifying the ‘environmental hotspots’ in the life cycle of a product or service.
Analysis of contribution of life cycle stage to the overall ‘environmental loads’, helps in prioritizing improvements on product or processes.
LCA serves the basis for identification of ‘key performance indicators’ for life cycle management and help in building a greener business.
- Provide comprehensive view of the environmental impacts
- Quantify environmental effects such as overall energy consumption or air emissions
- Allow comparison of alternatives “apples to apples”
- See more than just the “use” phase
- Recognize inefficiencies or significant changes across life cycle phases
- Reduce overall environmental impact and costs.
GIPL believes in providing high-quality services at reasonable prices to boost your green credentials which contribute to the development of a more sustainable environment.
- Filled in Application Form sent to GIPL.
- GIPL shares Proposal.
- LCA study will be conducted using the software
- LCA report prepared.
- An EPD document based on environmental indicators can be created.
- EPD report verified by an Independent verifier.
- Certification Issuance: EPD document can be published, valid for 5 years.