Position – Vriksh Chain of Custody (CoC) Auditor
No. of Positions – 01
About GICIA India Pvt. Ltd. (GIPL):
GICIA India Pvt. Ltd. have an immediate opening for an Auditor in Vriksh Chain of Custody Certification Program. GIPL is a leading private agency providing its services in third party monitoring and evaluation in the field of forestry, timber legality assessment and verification schemes, ecological and biodiversity assessment, consultancy, climate change adaptation etc.Why Join GIPL?
Join this position if you have passion to work in Forestry sector and have a knack for inspections and auditing. The auditing profile will help you understand the prevailing supply chain models in the Forestry sector and challenges faced by Forest based industries. The auditing work against national and international CoC Certification standards will help candidate develop its skills in the field of timber legality, supply chain of forest-based industries and aspects of responsible forest management. If you like travelling, this is certainly a job for you.
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated candidate for our Vriksh Chain of Custody (CoC) programs. The candidate would require doing Audits for the Vriksh CoC Clients based all over India. It would also require extensive travelling, performing rigorous audits, writing audit reports, co-ordination & liaising with the clients.
• 0-2 years of working experience in forest-based industries, environment related fields, auditing assignments and establishing co-operative relations with clients and peers.
• Fluent in English and Hindi (knowledge of any other regional language would be an additional benefit).
• Mandatory – Bachelor’s in Forestry, Environmental Science, Wood Sciences, or any other allied educational qualification.
• Desirable – Master’s in Science, ISO 9001 or ISO 19011 certified auditors or having similar Certification courses.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
• Exceptional time-management skills and multi-tasking is must with the ability to adapt to changes.
• Ability to work on your own initiative as part of a team and develop effective working relationships with staff, peers, industry colleagues, contacts and develop good team environment.
• Strong IT skills particularly in MS Office and the ability to learn new computer programs efficiently.
• Willing to travel as and when required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Performing audits for Chain of Custody (CoC) Certification Schemes and making audit arrangements as desired
• Writing audit reports and follow up with Clients
• Support overall operations of the program along with the team members
• Collect, analyze, and synthesize sufficient information during audit to provide appropriate recommendation for certification
• Report client complaints, problems and/or system deficiencies to the Program Manager as and when required
Date of Joining – As soon as possible
Candidates willing to join immediately are encouraged to apply.
Job Title – Program Manager, Life Cycle Assessment [LCA]
No of Positions – 1
Last Date of Applications:- 28th February 2022
Purpose of Job:
The LCA specialist is responsible for data collection, determining environmental
impacts (at initial level) through the development and use of Life Cycle Assessment
(LCA) and management of a broad range of product and material issues including
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field; recognized university graduate/post graduate
degree in Mechanical Engineering; Electrical Engineering/Environmental engineering
or related field.
A fresher with minimum experience in LCA modelling; preferably in data collection,
data analysis, report review, etc.
Candidates with experience of Life Cycle Assessment Software’s (Gabi, SimaPro,
openLCA) would be preferred.
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following competencies:
• Conversant with the LCA software including familiarity with terminologies.
• Possesses deep understanding of the overall functioning of LCA Program, like
technical know-how, data collection, data analysis, etc.
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and
• Very strong communication skills written, oral and presentation including
demonstrated networking abilities.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and work with
colleagues as part of a team, able to groom newly recruited team members.
• Capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility.
• Strategic insight and creativity with the ability to conceptualize and analyze new ideas.
The key responsibilities of the individual shall include:
• Liaison with relevant stakeholders to invite projects/clients under LCA Program
• Timely coordination with collaborator and exchange of information between client and collaborator
• Identification and planning of meetings with relevant stakeholders based on
needs of LCA Program
• Building and growing a network of professional business contacts –
organization(s), companies, and individual experts to identify potential partnerships.
• Data collection from the client, its processing and management
• Guidance and technical support to clients on LCA submission
• Regular check on LCA requests/queries to gather all necessary and desired
• Management of external publication of LCA results and product data in
Environmental Product Declarations and other disclosure formats
• Oversight of all aspects of program including business development, data
collection, exchange of information, etc.
• Managing team to ensure seamless and high-quality delivery.
• Contribute to the development and improvement of LCA quality processes and
• Continual growth and development in LCA Program.
Salary is not a constraint for the right candidate.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 28/02/2022 with the subject of
the email as the post applied for
Job Title – Associate
No of Positions – 1
Qualifications Required- Graduate/ Postgraduate in Forest Management, Forestry, Wood Science and QMS, ISO 9001:2015.
Experience- Minimum 1–2-year.
- High level of process orientation, eye-for-detail/ observation power and analytical
skills clubbed with reasoning ability.
- Ability to take up responsibilities and conduct physical verification.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with ability to keep the audience
- Hands-on in documenting, observations and finding.
- Proficiency in MS-Office comprising of MS Word, Power Point and Excel
- Ability to grow business and retain the existing clients.
- Willing to travel to multiple locations.
- Coordinate with client and Head office for scheduling physical verification on Timber
- Capable of identifying different types of woods as per Indian wood industries.
- Verify whether the client company follow requirements of desired standards and
- Conduct physical verifications as per Timber Legality Standards within agreed
schedule with the clients.
- Write reports based on findings, walkthrough, and evidence to verify whether all the
compliance to meet the standard requirements is being complied.
to email@example.com Candidates willing to join immediately are encouraged to apply